Tuesday, July 12, 2011

AAAARRRGGGHHH! Pirate Theme!

I am heading back to school today to finish getting my room ready (I hope).  I am doing a pirate theme for my classroom this year.  I found a great Pirate Newsletter template for 99 cents at www.teachersclubhouse.com that is awesome!  I have a pirate themed bulletin board all ready but I need suggestions for a title.  I also bought a big, blue treasure chest at The School Box the other day.  I could just stay in that teacher supply store all day!  I am going to post pics later today and I would love suggestions for any other ideas you all can think of.  Have a great day, me hearties!
Ok, I did not finish my room, but I DID get several things accomplished.  This is my word wall board.  I need a catchy title for it.  It has to sound like pirate talk, though.  I thought about making a speech bubble for the little pirate with the words "There Be Treasure in These Words."


This is the bulletin board outside my classroom that will welcome my new crew of 1st graders.  I need a suggestion for a title.
 
I found this cute idea on Deanna Jump's blog. (http://mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/)  If you've never seen her blog, you are really missing out.  She has so many wonderful ideas that I am "borrowing" for my pirate theme.  This will be the cover for my kiddies' take-home folders.  I also bought several pirate-themed items from www.teacherspayteachers.com
     I still need to make a job chart area and behavior board.  Any suggestions that will go along with my pirate theme?



3 comments:

  1. How about a parrot, maybe with an eyepatch?, with the jobs on its feathers or the jobs listed on feathers underneath the parrot? Just a suggestion :) Love your blogging too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a parrot, and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you do the water in this pirate board? It looks great. Nice effects...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment