Friday, July 22, 2011

More Pirates in the Classroom

I have worked in my room the past few days and have added a few more pirate elements.  My dear friend, Angela, found the cutest pirate cups at Target and offered to pick me up some!  She is awesome!  I am going to use these in my birthday box for the kids’ birthday presents.DSC01185
I also changed my word wall board.  Before it looked like this.
DSC01170
But then I found the cutest item on the Teachers Pay Teachers website.  It’s a pirate themed word wall set!  Now my board looks like this.  The clipart is so adorable I bought it from ScrappinDoodles so I could make my own products!
DSC01178
DSC01191
DSC01179
I also made my helpers area into Mrs. Seymour’s Treasured Helpers.  I had bought 2 sets of pirate themed bulletin board materials and I used the big treasure chest and jewels to make the helper’s chart.  I will add my students’ names to the jewels after I get my class list.  I also found the job cards from another website.  I’m thinking about redoing the helper charts because the pirate is not as cute as the clipart.  What do you think?
DSC01177 DSC01192
I attached adhesive velcro dots to the job cards and the back of the jewels.  When I change helpers, it will be a snap.
I also have a vocabulary area on my bulletin board.DSC01188
I also fixed my literacy center chart with pirate themed center labels.  The first time I made them the cards were different sizes.  I’ve figured out how to fix that, so now I’m going to have to make a new set.  Don’t you hate that!?
DSC01180      DSC01181
Another product I found on the TPT website were these golden rules posters. 
DSC01184
Last, but not least, I found some pirate themed name tags at The SchoolBox teacher supply store.  I’m sure I will find many uses for them as the year goes on.  As you can see, I am using them as labels for our finished and unfinished work section. 
DSC01186DSC01187

1 comment:

Post a Comment