Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday for Blog Hoppin

 

Tell us a little something about you...

I'm Jeannie, and school has been in session in my part of Tennessee for 12 days (but who’s counting, right?)  I have only recently started blogging, so I’m still getting the hang of all this technology.  I have been so inspired by the creativity of so many wonderful teachers and their willingness to share their ideas. 

How long have you been teaching?

This is my 13th year teaching. I taught 6th grade for the first 2 years, then made the life-changing move to 1st grade.  I hope to teach in 1st grade for the rest of my career.  I love teaching reading and literacy and everything 1st graders love to do!

What are you looking most forward to this school year?

I'm most looking forward to having a pirate theme in my classroom this year.  We have PIRATE books for home-school communication, plus I have pirate-themed bulletin boards and areas in my classroom.  Plus, the kids are really into pirates.

What do you need to improve?

I really need to get better organized!  I always prepare and work so hard over the summer, but as soon as school starts I revert to my old ways.

What are some supplies you cannot live without?

Books!  I buy books from Scholastic, used book stores, yard sales, Amazon, you name it.  I love books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment